Specialties Market Director
Founded in 1950, SACHEM Inc. is a privately held global chemical science company. SACHEM is a world leader in supporting key markets such as semiconductor, panel displays, catalysts, carbohydrates, polymers, oilfield and other challenging sectors. We have achieved our global position by delivering highly pure, precise and innovative chemical solutions designed to solve our customer’s most demanding applications.
SACHEM is recognized for innovation, technical expertise, revolutionary service and an unwavering commitment to safety and the environment. To provide seamless service, responsiveness and support, SACHEM is organized around regional sales entities for the Americas, Europe and Asia. SACHEM’s expanding manufacturing operations includes facilities in North America, Europe and Asia and a global service network spanning over 30 countries. Our organization enables worldwide delivery of innovative and customized chemical solutions backed by superior customer service.
As Global Specialties Market Director, you will play a significant role in SACHEM which has demonstrated a proven track record of growth. This position will lead the Marketing effort for Specialty Materials, which includes products that are sold into the carbohydrate, polymer, catalyst, biotechnology, pharmaceutical and personal care segment.
You will develop plans and actions to protect and enhance existing base of business while collaborating with Technology and customers to introduce new products and services for growth. An intimate understanding of the trends and developments in the marketplace will be critically important. To excel in this position, you must share the SACHEM philosophy that Health, Safety, and the Environment (HSE) protection is a prerequisite for everything we do and that our business is satisfying the needs of our Associates – our customers, communities, personnel, governments, shareholders, and suppliers.
Key Responsibility Areas:
- Develop the vision, strategy, objectives, and regional plans for the Specialties business segments that are consistent with and in coordination with the global SACHEM objectives.
- Manage a broad portfolio of products with prime focus on New Product Development within identified growth segments
- Coordinate with global and regional team members within the business to identify, develop, implement and communicate the strategies, plans and programs needed to profitably achieve the business goals
- Effectively communicate business priorities to technology, operations and sales team to insure alignment of internal resources to achieve business objectives
- Support the development of specific account strategies in conjunction with sales that are consistent with the overall business strategy in each targeted market. Manage high level customer relationships as requested by sales and in support of global strategies. Make customer visits as appropriate.
- Monitor business results and performance on a weekly and monthly basis and develop action plans to address deviations from plan.
- Develop and implement pricing strategy across multiple segments and manage volume/product pricing consistent with business line goals, to achieve profitability targets; determine the need for price increases, provides information to team on justification, develops tools/training to sell a price increase.
- Through customer visits, training courses, market research, and trade journals, understand and stay current on trends for SACHEM’s specialties market segments and products across targeted industries.
- In coordination with technology, initiate and lead activities to implement product portfolio strategies including: gap identification, targeting of new applications, new products, product discontinuations, etc. Steer global specialties innovation pipeline and global portfolio positioning. Responsible for global specialties product line strategies and long term planning
- Develop and recommend product design, formulation, positioning, packaging, and pricing strategy to produce the highest possible long-term market share specific to the market segmentation.
- Facilitate collaborative interface between technology, operations and quality teams in support of your portfolio.
- Routinely communicate market trends and product line strategies to ensure behavior consistent with the strategy by all functions, in particular Sales. Thoroughly understand technology and benefits of our product offerings and prices products in accordance with their performance and value.
- Establish and manage strategic partnerships in support of your outcomes.
- Ensures effective control of marketing results, and takes corrective action to guarantee that achievement of marketing objectives falls within designated budgets.
Education and Qualification:
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering
- MBA is preferred
- Minimum 10 years of experience in a combination of marketing, product management, sales and/or technical service roles is required
- Extensive knowledge in developing marketing strategies to achieve organizational objectives in chemical, specialty and/or performance products.
- Experience with specialty business with focus in the polymer segment is required
- Demonstrated experience successfully working within a matrixed environment especially with regard to influencing sales and business team members with global accounts who are the direct responsibility of other BU’s.
- Leads by example and sets environment for taking risks within the organization by addressing constraints and enabling resources.
- Inspires others and takes accountability for an innovation pipeline by championing and discerning new and creative approaches.
- Ensures that all services and products provide value for SACHEM as well as customers in strategic markets.
- Individual must possess business acumen, problem solving capability, initiative, strong work ethic, and must be goal oriented. Individual must be able to effectively influence others both directly and indirectly. Excellent interpersonal communication skills (written, verbal, presentation) required.
- Up to 50% travel
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.