Senior Internal Auditor
As the Senior Internal Auditor you will be responsible for developing and maintaining an internal audit program that will include planning and executing financial and operational audits at each of the SACHEM companies, providing recommendations and analysis to management, and reporting audit results to management and the audit committee to the board. This individual will work with other associates in identifying, establishing and documenting internal controls, policies and accounting practices at the SACHEM companies worldwide.
This individual will also provide support to the CFO with regard to finance activities such as risk management, treasury and financial analysis. This individual will also be responsible for special finance projects intermittently.
Key Responsibility Areas:
- Responsible for overall development of internal control structure, including written policies, procedures, and controls
- Determine if systems are adequate and in accordance with management policies and procedures
- Develop format and content for audit programs, audit documentation, and reporting
- Develops policies and procedures for the audit process
- Responsible for internal audit notification and planning which includes but is not limited to the following duties:
- Contact department management in advance of scheduled audit date to discuss risk considerations that led to the audit being on the annual plan, expected scope of the audit, and current management concerns
- Develop preliminary audit program outlining anticipated scope, risk assessment, procedures and schedule
- Schedule an entrance meeting with department management and staff, and other stakeholders as appropriate, to go over and finalize the audit program, obtain documents, schedule interviews and communicate expected audit completion date
- Responsible for the timely, effective completion of audits and quality reporting of results as well as including recommendations for improvement
- Facilitate risk management activities, including timely and effective coordination of efforts with insurance brokers, effective credit management, effective cash management activities, interest rate, and effective foreign currency risk management.
- Responsible for some treasury management by providing timely and accurate forecasts
- Provide quality financial analysis by compiling and analyzing consolidated income statement and debt covenant forecasts and conduct a general financial analysis of the finance reports of various departments such as sales and production
- Actively participate on various special projects and team activities as assigned
Knowledge & Skills Requirements:
- Required BS in Accounting or advance degree
- 5+ years of work experience in accounting or finance or public accounting
- 3+ or more years in an internal audit role within a company
- Previous experience developing internal controls, policies and procedures
- CPA certification is plus
- Ability to travel 20% or more as required
Founded in 1950, SACHEM, Inc. is a privately held chemical science company with a strong focus on the development of high purity, high performance chemical products and services. Our global presence provides opportunity for Associates to collaborate internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the company’s success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our Associates in a number of ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit programs reflect SACHEM’s high regard for our Associates.
For more information or to apply, please send a message to HR@sacheminc.com