Quality Engineer – Cleburne, Texas
Summary: Plans and conducts activities concerned with the quality control of high-purity chemical processes and products. Performs statistical analysis, monitors product stability, and works with operations and process engineering to maintain statistical control of finished goods analytical data. Leads or assists quality improvement activities from internally- or customer-driven issues. Responsible for or assists with customer-facing activities: Quality surveys, site audits or visits, corrective actions from audits, or other quality concerns. Designs sampling plans, collects process and/or product data, and conducts statistical data analysis to generate information for continuous improvement and trouble-shooting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Documents and implements new quality policies and policy changes; develops and/or documents new quality policy and SOPs
- Conduct internal quality training and auditing and drives to close any gaps identified
- Monitors product CofA parameters for statistical control and drives corrective or preventative actions to eliminate non-random variation.
- Determines quality improvement activities by monitoring statistical stability of relevant manufacturing processes and analyzing process data by applying statistical methodology.
- Periodically reviews CofA parameter control limits, changes control limits based on change ratios and / or other process trends or changes.
- Works with process engineering to ensure process changes are properly documented and vetted for impact on product quality. Writes or assists writing Process Change Notices (PCN) for those changes that require customer notification. Answers customer questions regarding PCNs.
- Plans and conducts the analysis, inspection, design, test, and/or integration to assure the quality of assigned products.
- Performs quality engineering reviews of design documentation for compliance with stated requirements, including vendor quality manuals and company quality records.
- Conducts root cause analysis and implementation of corrective action for process related concerns.
- Develops sampling plans by applying attribute, variable, and sequential sampling methods.
- Analyzes data by completing hypothesis, normal distribution, and process capability analysis tests.
- Applies statistical quality control (SQC) methods for analyzing data to evaluate the current process and process changes.
- Reviews quality data of all purchased raw materials for trends and statistical control. Provides input to the decision of whether to work with the supplier and / or perform a detailed process impact of the variation.
- Documents data obtained during all quality assurance activities, consistent with company policies and procedures.
- Develops new approaches to solve problems identified during quality assurance activities.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data; making recommendations.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Communicates significant issues or developments identified during quality assurance activities and provides recommended process improvements to management.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Design – Generates creative solutions; Translates concepts and information into actions; Uses feedback to modify designs; Applies design principles; Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Change Management – Develops workable implementation plans; Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; Prepares and supports those affected by change; Monitors transition and evaluates results.
- Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization’s goals and values; Benefits
organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity – Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering or related field
- 15+ years of experience in quality control or statistically focused manufacturing environment
- 5+ years of semiconductor/clean room fabrication experience
- Sigma Six Black Belt (preferred) or 3 week Green Belt certification preferred
- Relocation assistance provided