As the Procurement Manager you will play a significant role in both securing and driving cost reduction for SACHEM’s raw materials, packaging, capital expenditures, spare parts, and other needs. This position’s key responsibilities include: sourcing strategy development and execution, contract and price negotiations, vendor management, as well as continuous improvement of procurement processes. Additionally, you will help manage corporate sourcing categories such as IT, travel, and consulting services as well as assist with global procurement needs and advisement. You will also be responsible for measuring our success with these key partners in the short and long term.
Key Responsibility Areas:
- Delivers agreed annual sourcing plan targets and other key commercial metrics such as cost savings & DPO
- Develops and executes global sourcing strategies for SACHEM’s raw materials, packaging, spare parts, and utilities supplier partners globally
- Builds sourcing category expertise to provide market and financial insights and inputs into the operating plan process
- Develops and maintains sustainable relationships with key suppliers
- Tracks, monitors, and drives key supplier performance indicators across cost, service and quality and puts corrective actions in place, when needed
- Accountable for developing and implementing accurate and legal contracting, related SLAs and risk mitigation for outsourced spend on behalf of SACHEM, confirming that purchases are within contract terms
- Works collaboratively with global and regional stakeholders and other cross functional partners
- Establishes and maintains relationships with internal clients and their teams to ensure understanding of their needs
- Applies a wide range of sourcing tools to select and allocate business to suppliers
- Implements and complies with standard processes and tools to ensure responsible, continuous and sustainable sourcing in line with SACHEM policies, systems and controls
- Assist in developing purchased goods inventory targets, and manages inventory to those targets
Knowledge & Skills Requirements:
- 5+ years professional experience in sourcing and procurement, with chemical procurement experience preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in a function that involved chemical purchase, production, or application.
- Global exposure of a cross-functional business environment and/or non-mandated procurement environment
- Experience developing and executing category strategies
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Bachelor’s Degree in technical field preferred.
- Up to 25% international and domestic travel
- Extensive negotiation experience with demonstrated financial benefit, including complex multi-year contracts
- Good working knowledge of MS Office including Excel
- Experience of leading transformation (Change Management)
- Financial acumen
- Good verbal and numerical reasoning skills
- Experience with supplier relationship management & evaluation
- Experience with ERP systems
- Understanding of currency fluctuation impact and challenges
Founded in 1950, SACHEM, Inc. is a privately held chemical science company with a strong focus on the development of high purity, high performance chemical products and services. Our global presence provides opportunity for Associates to collaborate internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the company’s success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our Associates in a number of ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit programs reflect SACHEM’s high regard for our Associates.
For more information or to apply, please send a message to HR@sacheminc.com