Process Safety Engineer – Cleburne, Texas
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic, motivated, and talented individual for the position of Process Safety Management (PSM) Engineer. The position will be responsible for adherence to and support of SACHEM’s Environmental, Health and Safety policies as they apply to process safety in a fast paced, challenging operations environment. The PSM Engineer will be a member of the Global Operations team. The position is based in Cleburne, Texas with extensive travel to other locations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Senior individual contributor and subject matter expert in process safety that is consulted and contributes to ensure compliance with PSM and RMP regulations, as well as SACHEM’s internal process safety standards in pursuit of SACHEM’s vision for an incident-free workplace
- Works with manufacturing and site EHS leaders to ensure compliance to regulations and global standards, assists with corporate and site policy development, participates in new process design and review, management of change, program design and deployment.
- Consults and contributes to incident investigations where their specialist knowledge is required to bring best practice and innovative solutions for all aspects of process safety management
- Provides advice and guidance on all process safety management elements such as MOC, PSSR, PHA, Emergency Response, contractor training, process design, mechanical integrity program and operations recertification training
- Helps develop/train in-house engineering and operations staff so that PSM practices become fully integrated as part of their area of responsibility
- Supports scheduling and leading of Process Hazard Analysis (PHA)
- Leads and facilitates PHA Team, report writing, documentation and recommendation closure with emphasis on developing internal capabilities within the manufacturing and operations team
- Participates in the review and approval of Management of Change (MOC) for the manufacturing team, as appropriate
- Ensures Process Safety Information (PSI) compliance is achieved, documented and maintained, as required
- Assists Maintenance with Mechanical Integrity compliance, with emphasis on safety instrumentation systems and critical safety devices (i.e., pressure relief devices)
- Schedules and helps conduct internal PSM surveillance audits, and participate in tri-annual PS compliance audits
- Participates in Pre-Start Up Safety Reviews (PSSR) and Process Hazard Reviews (PHR)
- Coordinates and helps conduct Facility Siting Studies
- Tracks open action items from PHAs, PSSRs, and PHRs
- Participates with Engineering Teams during New Process Design reviews
- Responsible for and consults in job observations and hazard recognition, bringing and helping site leadership implement best practices
- Responsible for incident trend analysis (local and global, as applicable) and support sharing/leveraging learning throughout the organization
- A member of the Global Operations team with dotted line to the global site EHS&S managers.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical or Safety Engineering, Advanced Degree preferred
- Previous PSM experience in chemical facilities handling OSHA covered processes, with thorough knowledge of compliance requirements
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and leadership skills
- Ability to simultaneously manage and complete multiple projects
- The ideal candidate will have strategic agility, managerial courage, results driven personality and leadership style, with the proven ability of building teams and collaboration, while developing themselves and other stakeholders
- Minimum of 10 Years’ Experience
- Extensive travel to other Global Locations
We offer competitive salaries, a wide array of benefit options, and an exceptional retirement savings plan. These are just some of the many ways we recognize our employees for the large difference they make to SACHEM’s success.
Please send resume/cover letter to email@example.com.