Manager of Financial Planning and Analysis – Austin, Texas
Founded in 1950, SACHEM, Inc. is a privately held chemical science company with a strong focus on the development of high-purity, high-performance chemical products and services. As a SACHEM Associate and a member of the Technology team, the Senior Manager will actively contribute to the discovery, development and delivery of our products to our customers. Our global presence provides opportunity for Associates to collaborate internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the company’s success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our Associates in a number of ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit programs reflect SACHEM’s high regard for our Associates.
We are seeking a Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis. This person will be responsible for the effective deployment of financial business systems and analytical activity to improve financial and operating performance in the business. This individual contributor position will work closely with regional and the corporate controller to coordinate all global responsibilities by driving streamlined reporting and ad hoc analysis to provide greater insight to our stakeholders. The Manager FP&A will report to the CFO.
• Serve as trusted business partner to the corporate function leaders including the CFO, CEO and country GMs
• Drive finance process for forecasting, target setting, budgeting in alignment with the corporate timelines
• Communicate required deliverables clearly and facilitate reviews and trade-off discussions as needed
• Analyze results to understand performance against plan/forecast thru monitoring of trends and key levers, such as headcount, capital expenditures, operations expenses, investment and vendor investment against plan/forecast assumptions
• Communicate results and recommendations to senior business leaders
• Leverage human resources and financial systems to automate and improve current reporting processes
• Performs effective cost-modeling to direct profitability or assist with risk assessments
• Develops and implements financial reporting processes and procedures
• Maintains monthly financial analysis results and forecast publication
• Adhere to close and reporting deadlines
• Minimum of ten or more years of progressive experience in the areas of budgeting and financial reporting
• Demonstrated experience managing a FP&A function that has scaled to support the requirements of a growing organization and evolving business model.
• Previous manufacturing experience
• Previous experience in a global company with entities in Europe and Asia
• Thrives in a fast-paced, constantly changing, dynamic environment
• Superior communication skills
• Ensures legal and regulatory compliance
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously, while demonstrating the ability to delegate tasks appropriately and maintain attention to detail
• BA/BS degree in Finance or Accounting; MA/MS/CPA preferred