Founded in 1950, SACHEM Inc is a privately held global chemical science company. SACHEM is a world leader in supporting key markets such as semiconductor, panel displays, catalysts, carbohydrates, polymers, oilfield and other challenging sectors. We have achieved our global position by delivering highly pure, precise and innovative chemical solutions designed to solve our customer’s most demanding applications.
SACHEM is recognized for innovation, technical expertise, revolutionary service and an unwavering commitment to safety and the environment. To provide seamless service, responsiveness and support, SACHEM is organized around regional business units for the Americas, Europe and Asia. SACHEM’s expanding manufacturing operations includes facilities in North America, Europe and Asia and a global service network spanning over 30 countries. Our organization enables worldwide delivery of innovative and customized chemical solutions backed by superior customer service.
As Global Oilfield Market Director, you will play a significant role in SACHEM which has demonstrated a proven track record of growth. This position will lead the Marketing effort for Oilfield Materials, which includes drilling, and completion fluids, cementing chemicals, production chemicals and enhanced oil recovery products. Through interaction and effective communication both internally with technology, operations, sales & marketing and externally with customers, you will be responsible for the development of specialized product applications to support this segment of our business. Your responsibility is to develop plans and actions to protect and expand our existing base of business while collaborating with Technology and our customers to introduce new products and services. An intimate understanding of the trends and developments in the marketplace will be critically important. To excel in this position, you must share the SACHEM philosophy that Health, Safety, Ethics, and the Environmental protection (HSEE) is a prerequisite for everything we do and that our business is satisfying the needs of our Associates – our customers, communities, personnel, governments, shareholders, and suppliers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify, develop, and evaluate marketing strategies through independent research, evaluation of trends and needs in the industry and customer visits.
- Formulate, direct and coordinate marketing policies and activities with each of the regional Business Unit associates.
- Negotiate contracts with key customers, distributors and partners in managing product distribution, developing distribution strategies and setting up distribution networks.
- Consult with technology, operations and quality on product specifications like design, packaging, performance.
- Compile lists that describe service or product offerings.
- Coordinate and participate in trade shows and promotional activities, work with production mangers, advertisers, and developers to market company services and products.
- Confer with legal staff to resolve problems, such as royalty sharing and copyright infringement with outside distributors, partners and producers.
- Support business and other units by advising on international, national, and local factors that affect the purchasing and selling of services and products.
- Initiate market research cases and analyzing their findings.
- Conduct commercial and economic surveys to identify prospective markets for services and products.
- Conduct competitor analysis that enables proper strategies to be implemented for growth
- Increase sales, gross margin and market share in the managed markets
- Develop marketing strategies for the 1 and 3 year plans
Skills and Specifications
- Extensive knowledge in every aspect of marketing strategies to achieve organizational objectives.
- A proven track record of successful business and market development of technology based products used by oil and gas producers
- Practical first-hand knowledge and experience working with oil and gas well operations
- Ability to interact with multiple commercial and technological professionals internally and at the customer site.
- Proven ability to create, develop, and implement strategic programs and tactics.
- Willingness to travel extensively, greater than 50%
- Superior oral, writing communication skills.
- Ability to grasp complex technical concepts quickly.
- Proven capability to prioritize tasks and manage multiple tasks in a project format which includes budget, benefit and timeline elements.
- Possessing traits relating to self-initiative, innovation and responsiveness.
Education and Qualification
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, engineering, business or marketing related field from an accredited institution. Advanced degree a plus.
- 10-15 years of relevant industry experience, preferably 5 years in technical sales.
Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com