Global Engineering Manager – Cleburne, Texas
We are seeking a Global Engineering Manager. The role will report to the Vice President of Global Supply Chain and will be responsible for managing engineering resources and people, assets and capital, investment projects and programs, plant and product changes worldwide. Under the direction of the Global Engineering Manager, this group will provide process assistance to the other Operations Groups as well as Process Technology, Marketing, and the Business Units as required.
- Follow all safety guidelines and participate as a fully empowered team member to achieve organization-wide goal of zero recordable incidents and injuries
- Program/Project Management – Identify, scope, and align global project portfolio with Operations, R&D, Sourcing, and Project Engineering to meet desired corporate investment and return targets.
- Scope work and equipment required to execute projects
- Accountable for on-time and successful implementation of projects
- Implement and maintain all process engineering documents and process changes
- Continuously improve material and equipment usage through data analysis
- Assets/Capital Management – Manage Capital globally to provide the targeted corporate returns and operations sustainability targets. Manage assets globally to meet the targeted benefit for the business unit and corporate targets.
- Product/Plant Changes – Develop a clear action plan meeting product roadmaps. Manage number of changes to HSSEE, Quality, Performance, and Cost Targets.
- Interdepartmental Support – Coordination and leadership between departments in the form of clear communication tools, scope preparations and project/program execution. Development of clear solutions to meet the targeted business unit goals and customer requests. Idea generation and innovation toward new product development and business development activities.
- Global Sourcing – Development of global partners to meet resource needs efficiently around the world. Capital minimization as a result of global partnerships on equipment, materials, and specification based assets.
- Management –
- Manage a global group of engineers responsible for projects and process technology changes.
- Systems are developed to manage and control capital, assets, and project execution to desired targets. Processes and systems are in place to effectively interact with the business units and customers to reach the desired value and corporate goals. Corporate HSSEE, quality and cost targets are road mapped and achieved.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering
- 10+ years’ experience in Chemical Process Manufacturing
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written & verbal)
- Demonstrated Project Management skills
- Demonstrated ability to organize groups and lead others in team based project work
- Six Sigma Black Belt preferred
- Flexibility to travel globally (15% – 20%)