Chemical Operator – Cleburne, Texas – 4 Available Positions
We have 4 chemical operator positions available at our Cleburne, Texas facility. This is a position with expanding opportunities and competitive pay. Varied and challenging responsibilities include the safe and timely production of chemical products. This responsibility includes determining initial charge, charging the reactors, adjusting and packaging final product, and maintaining a clean and safe working environment. Operation of utilities systems, unloading, and loading tasks and operation of the neutralization system are required. Safety is top priority.
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB
Charges, mixes and controls chemical production safely and to quality standards by performing the following duties:
- Completes manufacturing process composed of steps such as moving material to the work area, set-up, handling and (un) loading raw materials, processing, sample record keeping and follow-up.
- Operates machinery, including computer process control equipment, to produce products according to safety and quality standards.
- Troubleshoots when required.
- Follows and accurately completes batch sheets and other documentation to produce product efficiently and in compliance with standard operating procedures.
- Records process variations.
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment by performing housekeeping duties. Inspects components of the production cycle for compliance with standards.
Additional Position Requirements
- Demonstrates flexibility, self-sufficiency and a high degree of competence in an operating area, or proficiency in more than one operating area with minimal supervision.
- Participates on investigative teams and site group initiatives.
- Successfully completes regulatory and job training requirements.
- Understands and responsibly performs duties with attention to quality, safety and environmental matters. Items include; wearing appropriate personal protective equipment, recognizing, reporting and appropriately responding to hazards in the work area (spills/accidents/near misses), maintaining proper housekeeping at all times, properly labeling and storing chemicals, plus all other relevant job requirements.
- Carries out duties in compliance with all state and federal regulations and guidelines.
- Complies with all company and site policies and procedures. Recognizes and reports unsafe conditions and procedures to supervisors.
- Makes a positive contribution as demonstrated by:
- making suggestions for improvement.
- providing overtime as needed.
- learning new skills, procedures and processes.
- performing other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or (GED) and ability to use HS algebra
Chemical or mechanical background preferred
Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Elementary Algebra
- Compute rate, ratio, and percent.
- Calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, and volume.