Tetrabutylammonium Fluoride (TBAF) | CAS# 87749-50-6
SACHEM offers Tetrabutylammonium Fluoride (TBAF) as a trihydrate crystal which provides the following features:
- Minimum water content (only 3 mols of water for each mol of TBAF)
- Easily soluble in organic solvents for increased reactivity in a variety of reaction systems
- “Anhydrous” source of fluoride (when dissolved and dried in a solvent) for increased accessibility
- Non-nucleophilic base for use in base-catalyzed reactions
- Strong desilylation agent for TBDMS (tert-butyldimethylsilyl)-protected alcohols
TBAF Product Availability:
Our global network of facilities and seamless logistical support can supply TBAF anywhere in the world, consistently, reliably and at various quantities.
- Commercial scale manufacturing capability in bulk quantities
- Packaging of TBAF trihydrate 25 kg and 50 kg fiber drums
Whitepaper: Synthetic Utility of Tetrabutylammonium Fluoride (TBAF)
SDS | Sample Request | Quote Request
Selected Articles & Patents on Tetrabutylammonium Fluoride (TBAF)
1. Adam, M. J.; Jivan, S.; Huser, J. M.; Lu, J. (2000).11C-methylations using 11C-methyl iodide and tetrabutylammonium fluoride. Radiochimica Acta (2000), 88(3-4), 207-209.
2. Sharma, G. V. M.; Reddy, V. Goverdhan; Chander, A. Subhash; Reddy, K. Ravinder (2002) Tetra-n-butylammonium fluoride: an efficient base for aza-Michael addition-synthesis of glycosyl b-amino acid esters. Tetrahedron: Asymmetry 13(1), 21-24.