Founded in 1950, SACHEM Inc. is a privately held global chemical science company. SACHEM is a world leader in supporting key markets such as semiconductor, panel displays, catalysts, carbohydrates, polymers, oilfield and other challenging sectors. We have achieved our global position by delivering highly pure, precise and innovative chemical solutions designed to solve our customer’s most demanding applications.
SACHEM is recognized for innovation, technical expertise, revolutionary service and an unwavering commitment to safety and the environment. To provide seamless service, responsiveness and support, SACHEM is organized around regional business units for the Americas, Europe and Asia. SACHEM’s expanding manufacturing operations includes facilities in North America, Europe and Asia and a global service network spanning over 30 countries. Our organization enables worldwide delivery of innovative and customized chemical solutions backed by superior customer service.
The Maintenance Manager reports directly to the Plant Manager and provides the necessary support to accomplish Maintenance Department objectives in the most safe, economical and technically feasible manner. This position works with the Process Engineer, Production Supervisors, and Six Sigma team to ensure equipment reliability and process improvement. This manager is also responsible for the supervision and productivity of the maintenance workforce, direct scheduling, and maintenance activities in such a manner that high quality repairs are completed in a timely manner and aligns with the plant’s safety objectives.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure all work is performed safely and in accordance with all procedures.
- Coordinates daily job duties for maintenance personnel.
- Plan and execute maintenance tasks to achieve high equipment up-time and integrity.
- Efficient utilization of maintenance module including the timely close out of work orders, updating of maintenance task routine, generation of reports, etc.
- Complete engineering projects as directed and interface with contractors.
- Direct major equipment repairs, select and follow work in repair shops, select and supervise contractors and chosen vendors.
- Monitor the condition of equipment in the plant in cooperation with the Operations and Technical groups to maintain reliable operation.
- Establish the performance standards for maintenance utilizing Key Performance Indicators, develop the method of measurement, and provide timely and routine feedback to those responsible for the performance.
- Must be able to interpret Process Flow Diagrams and Process System Piping and Instrumentation Drawings (P&IDs). Must be able to read engineering drawings related to all site Instruments, Analyzers, and Electrical equipment including electrical one line drawings and control system schematics.
- Troubleshoot quality and process problems in collaboration with Production Supervisors, Process Engineer, Quality Engineer, and others to ensure that all aspects of equipment operation and maintenance are managed.
- Work with Electrical and Instrumentation Engineers to improve reliability and utilize new technology.
- Perform field audits of work to ensure safety, quality, and productivity.
- Train and coach the maintenance personnel to evaluate and improve performance of the team in a continuous manner.
- Perform plant housekeeping and ensure that maintenance personnel do the same.
- Other activities as assigned by the Plant Manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of 5 Years of successful Maintenance and Reliability experience in a chemical manufacturing or related industry.
Skills and Competencies:
- Proven safety experience/training and leadership including but not limited to: confined space, lock out tag out, hot work, safe work permits, personal protective equipment, and other critical safety procedures.
- Excellent communication skills, including oral, written, and electronic.
- Extensive working knowledge of field maintenance processes in Instrumentation, Analyzers, Electrical and other IE equipment in an industrial environment.
- Ability to manage multiple activities and prioritize tasks with minimal direction or oversight.
- Knowledge of root cause analysis and very strong troubleshooting capability.
- Ability to learn any potential new Engineering processes/systems and equipment quickly.
- Working knowledge of functions and design/operation of plant instruments and electrical equipment, process and products; methods development and procedures; industrial and personnel administration; repair maintenance of instruments and electrical equipment; ability to prepare, administer, and monitor departmental budgets.